NAFEM enjoys a strong partnership with the Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
to educate future foodservice industry
professionals, discuss emerging equipment needs and understand worldwide food and flavor trends.
- Broaden knowledge about research influencing the industry.
- Identify, develop and promote best practices and new innovation.
- Increase collaboration and dialog between NAFEM and CIA community.
- Advance curriculum development on all CIA campuses.*
- Establish a foodservice equipment and supplies Advisory Board.
- Act as an advisor to NAFEM.
- Promote awareness about NAFEM and industry trends.
Chef Brad Barnes, CMC, Director CIA Consulting and Industry Programs, is
the first recipient of the NAFEM Professorship in Culinary Arts. The
position is dedicated to specialized research in food equipment
manufacturing, curriculum development and industry education and
strengthens the relationship among the CIA, NAFEM, NAFEM members
and foodservice equipment and supplies manufacturers.