NAFEM has created two packages to streamline the certification process,
the CFSP In-person Course Package and the CFSP Online Course Package.
Both include the application fee, overview course (in-person or online),
exam and resource materials.
To maintain your certification, pay dues ($50 every two years) and participate in
any point-earning activity(ies) each year. Though only two points are required to
maintain your certification during each two-year cycle, there is no limit to how many
points you can earn.
There are three levels of achievement in the CFSP program. You advance
naturally through the levels of certification as you earn the required number
- Level III: 35 (minimum number of points required to take the CFSP exam) to 54 points accumulated
- Level II: 55 to 74 points accumulated
- Level I: 75+ points accumulated
to the CFSP online business center
to report industry activities and view your certification records and status.
Remember to provide proof of attendance to earn points: simply scan
supporting documents into your computer and upload them when you’re on the site.
The overview seminar is a day-long review session offered
by NAFEM in preparation for the CFSP exam. It is part of the CFSP In-Person Product
Package or it can be purchased separately. NAFEM hosts an overview every
August at its Chicago headquarters location.
The seminar is based on the contents of the CFSP textbook, An Introduction to
the Foodservice Industry
. View the table of contents
Contact Vonceil Roberts, program coordinator, member services, +1.312.821.0216;
If you are preparing to become certified, you can take the exam at NAFEM
headquarters anytime you’re in Chicago. We have ample conference room space
and any member of the NAFEM staff can proctor the test. If you prefer to take the
test in your hometown, you can use a local proctor. For more information or
to schedule your exam, contact Vonceil Roberts, program coordinator, member
services, +1.312.821.0216; email@example.com
Once you have been certified, make sure to add
the designation to your e-mail signatures and any day-to-day business
communication you send. The logo
is available for you to download (link) and
NAFEM encourages you to promote your CFSP status whenever possible.
You worked hard to achieve the designation—show your commitment to ongoing
professional development in the foodservice equipment & supplies industry and
help us spread the word about the program!
- CFSP In-Person Product Package (includes application fee, a copy of the 20-chapter textbook, An Introduction to the Foodservice Industry, the one-day overview and exam); $550/person
- CFSP Online Product Package (includes application fee, a .pdf copy of the review questions and glossary of terms from the textbook, the online overview and exam); $775/person
- Application Fee (a la carte, includes exam); $400/person
- CFSP Online Overview Seminar (a la carte, no exam); $595/copy.
- CFSP Textbook, An Introduction to the Foodservice Industry; $300/book
- CFSP In-Person Overview Seminar (a la carte, no exam); $200/person
- CFSP Exam Re-Take: $25/person
- CFSP In-Person Product Package: allow 7-10 business days for delivery
- CFSP Online Product Package: allow 2-3 business days for delivery
Once you authorize payment for a CFSP Product Package or any a la carte item,
you will not be eligible to receive a refund or transfer the payment to someone else.
For answers to all things CFSP, contact Vonceil Roberts, program coordinator,
member services, +1.312.821.0216; firstname.lastname@example.org